Tune in tonight on the History Channel for what has to be a good show with the added benefit of Anthony and Meredith as extras in the pub!
Give me an hour…I’ll make you a genius!” Join host Daniel H. Wilson as he takes us on a transformative journey that reveals the extraordinary in everyday things. Mankind’s first recipe for beer, the most popular beverage on the planet, was carved in stone 10,000 years ago. Wilson sets out to find the secret to beer’s allure. Find out how it’s made and marketed and how new beers are invented and tested. Wilson even uncovers an ecological time bomb threatening to make beer an endangered species!
Hillary Clinton in the Bank of America tower in San Francisco.
My boss worked on the Clinton’s first campaign and ran into her in the lobby of the building getting his lunch and said hello to her. I just saw her leaving the building and getting into her fleet of Secret Service SUVs.
Efforts to protect the fundamental freedom to marry received a power boost from Pacific Gas & Electric Company—to the tune of $250,000. PG&E, Northern and Central California’s utility provider, announced its contribution to NO on 8–Equality California at a press conference today in San Francisco.
Across California, individuals and businesses like PG&E are pledging to vote NO on Proposition 8 because they know it’s wrong to single out one group of people to be treated differently.
Mine was an ordeal to settle on… I couldn’t find something that wasn’t too cutesy, didn’t sound like I was trying to hard or didn’t sound way too ironic/hipster/annoying.
While trying to figure the name out I had told very few people about even having the blog and one day when talking about it at this lunch Eric said to me, “What? Are you the humbler tumblr?” and it stuck.
I am in online marketing for a very large West coast bank. Today I am going through some internal search data to see about optimizing a webpage to have it come up when people search under certain terms.
Again, this is internal search data (i.e., what customers type into the search box on my bank’s website - not stuff from Google, Yahoo or MSN). This a sampling of some of the stranger ones so far and I am just at “W” (I started at “Z”):
Winn-Dixie Stores (a gross grocery store in the South for those unfamiliar with it)
Wicked-n-Divine (would be a good tumblr name)
White Rabbit Song
When does Jasmine Nguyen get out of jail?
Where are you at? (reminds me of my Grandmother’s favorite joke of a Southern woman being at a party in the Hamptons and she asks a group of women from Manhattan, “Where are y’all from?” to which one icily replies, “Where we are from my dear we don’t end our sentences in prepositions.” The Southern woman responds, “I’m so sorry, I meant to say, ‘Where are y’all from, bitch?’”
Today started kind of rough (I am admittedly really tired and hungover from the past two nights) but has been going steadily uphill…
1) A beautiful man on the train (think Alec Baldwin when he was young and cute) cruised me hard on the train this morning. His type must be “disheveled and groggy.” An ego pick-me-up nonetheless.
2) My boss is in a RARE good mood today… he’s been online making fun of high school friends on classmates.com. He’s shown me a few of the better ones and they are funny.
3) I forgot I had lunch plans until Daniel reminded me that we did. I met him and his friend Lane for excellent & spicy Chinese chicken salad at the Westfield Center. Even better? Daniel treated!
4) I picked up three new pairs of shorts at Bloomingdales. I think I am going to have a long and happy relationship with that store. We each have what the other wants most: I have $$$ to spend and it has loads of stuff for me!
5) Numbers 3 & 4 above equalled a 2-hour lunch!
6) Stopped off at Peet’s for a coffee on the way back and got cruised again! My ego is happy today. Maybe I’ll have to be hung over and messy more often?